Morocco is a fabulous romantic destination and perfect for a honeymoon or just an escape from normality. Only 3 hours away from the UK but it couldn’t be more different and exotic. In addition to the sights and sounds the places you stay are exquisitely designed and furnished and personal Moroccan service means you feel pampered even when paying modest room rates.
Where to go in Morocco is always a big challenge and vying for your attention will be the Kasbahs in the mountains, the riads in Marrakech, a luxury tent in the Sahara or a beautiful coastal retreat. Give us a call to discuss the choices. This itinerary is a simple combination or Coast and Marrakech which means you see plenty of Morocco without too much travelling
Day 1 - Essaouira Medina
This itinerary works either way round and the order depends on your flight times. We usually recommend going to the coast first as it means you have a more relaxing end to your stay. Also you might get more out of Marrakech once you have been in Morocco for a few days as it can be a bit daunting on first arrival.
Doing the coast first, our driver will meet you at the airport and in a few minutes you will be en route and it is an interesting drive down with plenty to see.
There are some great places to stay and our favourite for couples is Villa de l’O, a large riad close to the centre of the medina and with stunning views down the coast from its roof terrace. They have three room types but the smaller ones are a bit dark so go mid or upper end (our favourite is a lovely room on the roof with its own little private terrace).Accommodation
Days 1-4 - Relax & Explore
There is so much to do in Essaouira – lots of shops and a huge variety of high quality but good value restaurants and the souks are much more easy to navigate than in Marrakech: other “must dos” include:
– Quad bike tour of the dunes
– Moroccan cooking demonstrations
– Camel trekking on the beach
– Surfing and kitesurfing lessons
– Walks for as long as you like on the beach
– Excellent horse riding on the beach and in the forests
Day 5 - Marrakech
You can move to Marrakech on day 4 or day 5 depending on your requirements. Going earlier is a good idea if you are planning a trip to the Atlas Mountains.
The big challenge in Marrakech is where to stay – we usually recommend a riad in the old Medina as they are beautiful and the location means you really feel part of the city. Two favourites are Riad Assakina for fabulous service or Riad Adore as one of the most stylish riads in Marrakech – both a haven for romantic couples.Accommodation
Days 6 & 7
For the days around Marrakech we recommend the following:
– A full day in Atlas Mountains including a guide and lunch in one of the Berber Villages (not included in the price from £45 per person)
– A guided tour of the souks and the historical monuments (if time do this as two trips of around 2-3 hours each – too much to do in one go)
– An evening in the main square (Place Jamaa el Fna). Start with a drink on one of the terraces overlooking over the square as the sun sets and the stalls and entertainers come to life – then eat at one of the bbq’s for about £5 a head…
Cost for the 7 nights including private transfers and the day trip up to the mountains is from only £575 per person. This is on B&B basis and is based on 2 people for 4 nights in Villa de l’O and 3 nights in Riad Adore. The price excludes flights but these can be as low as £100 per person if you book directly in advance, or we can help to provide a complete package.
- Prices start from £575 per person
- Accommodation on B&B basis
- Private transfers (air-conditioned vehicle with an English speaking driver)
- Local taxes
- All trips are ATOL protected or ABTA bonded to ensure you are fully covered