Where to Stay
If you want to be nearby entertainment, shopping and the island’s best nightlife, then the north is the place for you. You’ll find plenty of action in the bustling capital of Port Louis and the vibrant beach town of Grand Baie. There are plentiful luxury and boutique resorts where you’ll find tranquility and stunning beaches. The north is equally suitable for families and couples.
- Optimal year-round weather
- Spectacular beach sunsets
- Nearby cafes, shops and the island’s best nightlife
- Mont Choisy and Trou aux Biches are two of the island’s best beaches
- Luxury and boutique hotel options
If you’re seeking great diving & snorkeling, unforgettable sunsets and want to be close to local cafes, shops and a more low-key nightlife, then the west is for you. The ever-popular Flic-en-Flac beach is one of the most sublime on the island. Activity-seekers and beach-lovers will be equally delighted.
- Best year-round weather
- Island’s best sunsets
- Nearby cafes, shops and nightlife
- Championship 18-hole golf course
- Dolphin viewing year-round and seasonal whale sightings
- Best surf location on the island (Tamarina Bay)
If you’re seeking complete immersion into nature, then this is your coast. The south, also known as the “green coast’, is full of lush vegetation and smaller, more private beaches. It’s more remote and is the most untouched part of the island, with an array of hotels nestled in calm coves and stunning intimate beaches. It’s ideal for couples seeking romance, golf enthusiasts and anyone wanting to truly get away and unplug.
- Abundant lush green vegetation and nature.
- World championship 18-hole golf courses
- Le Morne Brabant is the island’s most dramatic backdrop and beach.
- Hiking enthusiasts will enjoy a day trip to the Black River Gorges National Park.
- Hotspot for kite surfers.
- Top luxury resorts
The east coast is quiet, less developed and undoubtably enjoys the most stunning coastline on the entire island. If you’re looking to nestle into a lavish resort for the bulk of your holiday amongst the most picturesque beach on the island, then this is your place.
- Remote, quiet, less developed
- The most exquisite beach on the island (Belle Mare), is marked by long stretches powder-soft, bleached-white sands and luminous azure sea.
- World-renowned golf courses
- Close to the private island of Ile aux Cerfs, one of the most sought-after catamaran day-trips.
We’ve spent a great deal of time scoping out the best hotels, beaches, excursions, culture and cuisine. We know the choices can be a bit daunting; let us offer our personal expertise to send you on your dream holiday.
New properties are continually becoming available.