Please note that visas are the responsibility of the individual client. The visa requirements for your trip vary depending on where you are from. We keep the following information up to date as much as possible, but rules do change. It is important that you check for yourself with the Embassy of Turkmenistan.
A single entry visa is required is from all foreign nationals to enter the Republic of Turkmenistan and this can be obtained on arrival with prior permission or before travel. Tourist visa are issued by the Immigration Service of the Republic of Turkmenistan on the basis of application from a licensed travel agency in Turkmenistan who provide an invitation and Flee Winter will apply for this on your behalf. We will therefore require details of the passport you’ll be travelling on at least 12 weeks prior to departure. This invitation letter will then need to be used to apply for your visa via www.uk.tmembassy.gov.tm/en/consular-services/visa-info
It is not possible to obtain the Turkmenistan Invitation any earlier than 8 weeks prior to the tour departure date and it takes 3 to 4 weeks to process. Because of the constraints around obtaining a visa we do not recommend any travel in the weeks proceeding the start of your tour.
Turkmenistan Invitation Letter Requirements:
- Personal details for the application form
- Scanned passport photos
- Scanned copy of the photo page in your passport
Turkmenistan Visa Application Requirements:
- Two completed visa applications
- Valid passport and its copy. Passport must have at least six months validity period from the day of entrance to Turkmenistan
- Two passport size photos glued to the applications
- Visa fee
- Approved tourist visa support letter
- Stamped, self-addressed envelope, if the embassy agreed to serve by post.
On arrival in Turkmenistan, you must complete a migration card and pay a US$12 migration fee, this is in addition to any visa fees. The authorities will retain the card.