The Kingdom of Jordan. Being one of the most seductive places in the Middle East, Jordan is thought to be one of the wonders of the world. Spend eight luxurious days discovering its hidden secrets, traversing gorgeous picturesque desert environments, immersing yourself in a culture which is steeped in both the ancient as well as the modern. From the breathtaking stone city of Petra, the towering Citadel in Amman, the majestic ruins of Roman theatres, mystical monasteries, pristine desert sands and vistas which Moses himself allegedly looked down on, this journey of a thousand and one tales is certain to captivate.
Day 1 - Amman
Upon arrival at Amman Queen Alia International airport, our representative will wait for you to offer assistance with all visa procedures and walk with you through customs. Your driver will wait for you in the arrival hall, holding a name sign. He will then transfer you to the 4* Harir Palace Hotel in Amman.
Day 2 - Jerash
Start your first morning in Jordan with a city tour. Visit the Citadel in Amman, with beautiful views over the city. Continue to the Roman Theatre, located in the heart of Amman. Then drive on to Jerash, to visit the world’s best preserved Roman provincial city. After your visit of Jerash, transfer back to your hotel in Amman.
Day 3 - Madaba - Mt Nebo - Petra
Today there’s a long day ahead of you, as you will be travelling to the South, to Petra. At 8.00 AM, after breakfast, your tour today starts with visiting the St. George Church in Madaba , with its famous mosaic map. Drive to Mt. Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. Follow the King’s Highway to Karak. In Karak, visit the immense Crusaders Castle. Time permitting, you will also visit Little Petra today, otherwise you will be transferred directly to Petra for overnight at the 5* Movenpick Resort Petra.
Optional activities for today: Petra by Night (each Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening), Petra Kitchen cooking course, Local Turkish Bath.Hotel Info
Day 4 - Petra
A full day to explore Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world. Entry by Siq, visit the Treasury, The Street of Facades, the theatre, Colonnaded Street, and much much more.
After lunch in Petra, you will still have time to visit the Monastery and/or the High Place of Sacrifice on that same day. It does require quite a lot of climbing, but the views are definitely worth the effort!
Overnight 5* Movenpick Resort Petra
Optional activities for today: Petra by Night (each Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening), Petra Kitchen cooking course, Local Turkish Bath, 1.5/2.5 hrs horse ride around the mountains of Petra
Day 5 - Petra - Wadi Rum
After breakfast, you will be driven to the Wadi Rum Visitors Centre. Before starting with the jeep tour, you might want to decide to enjoy an hour’s camel ride from Wadi Rum Village to Lawrence’s Spring. After half day ( 3- 4 hrs) jeep tour, freshly prepared barbecue will be awaiting you. A jeep tour is the best way to discover many of the sites in Wadi Rum. The jeep will stop at each site, giving you time to take a stroll around and maybe even climb up on some of the beautiful natural formed bridges in Wadi Rum.
Dinner and overnight at the luxurious Memories Aicha campsite in Wadi Rum.Hotel Info
Day 6 - Wadi Rum - Aqaba
After breakfast, you will drive to Aqaba for a relaxing day at the beach. Spend the morning discovering the town of Aqaba or book a snorkelling cruise, including lunch!
Overnight at 4* City Tower Hotel in AqabaHotel Info
Day 7 - Aqaba- Dead Sea - Amman
Check out of your hotel and drive via the Wadi Araba desert to the Dead Sea,which is, in fact, lowest point on the Earth’s surface. Enjoy day entry and lunch at the 4*Dead Sea Spa Hotel. Float in the salty waters and try out the famous healing mud. Later that afternoon transfer to Amman 4* Harir Palace Hotel.Hotel Info
- Meet and assist at the airport, visa included
- Day 1 – 8: All transfers with A/C car ( 2-3 people )/van ( 4- 6) people with English speaking driver, as mentioned at the program
- Day 1 & 2: 2 Nights at the 4* Harir Palace Hotel (or similar) in Amman on B&B basis
- Day 2: Visits to the Citadel & Roman Theatre in Amman and a visit to Jerash, entry fee tickets
- Day 2: Local English speaking guide in Jerash
- Day 3: Visits to the George Church in Madaba, Mt. Nebo and Karak Crusaders Castle; entry fee tickets included.
- Day 3: Time permitting a visit to Little Petra (entry is free).
- Day 3: Full day English speaking guide
- Day 4: Visit to Petra including one day entry fee
- Day 4: 2-3 hrs Local English speaking guide in Petra
- Day 3 & 4: 2 Nights at the 5* Movenpick Resort Petra Petra on B&B basis
- Day 5: Entry fee tickets for Wadi Rum
- Day 5: Half day ( 3-4 hrs) jeep tour inside Wadi Rum including a freshly prepared
- Day 5: 1 Night at the Memories Aicha Luxury campsite in Wadi Rum on Half Board basis
- Day 6: 1 Night at the 4* City Tower Hotel or Double Tree by Hilton in Aqaba on B&B basis
- Day 7: Dead Sea day entrance and lunch at the Dead Sea Spa
- Day 7: 1 Night at the 4* Harir Palace Hotel in Amman (similar) on B&B basis
- Day 8: Departure to Amman Queen Alia International
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Tips for guides / drivers, restaurants
- Travel Insurance