The Gambia is a fabulous introduction to Africa, and it’s easy to fill a week here with a range of exciting activities. And, with it being around a 6-hour flight away and in the same time zone, there’s no need to worry about jet lag slowing you down. Fly from Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham.
SPECIAL OFFER: 8 days at Ocean Bay Hotel: From £769 per person flying from Gatwick on Tuesday 24th March 2020. Subject to availability. Further special offers available on request.
DAY 1 - Welcome to The Gambia
Arrive in the afternoon at Banjul Airport where our local representative will meet you and show you to your shared transfer vehicle. Choose where to stay from the following hotels; each has something different to offer.
- The adult-only clifftop boutique hotel, Ngala Lodge (45-minute transfer)
- The elegant Coco Ocean Resort & Spa (30-minute transfer)
- The intimate adult-only Leo’s Beach Hotel (35-minute transfer)
- The family-orientated Ocean Bay Hotel (45-minute transfer)
And remember, if you can’t decide, you can always split your holiday between more than one hotel!
Day 2 to 7 - Markets, wildlife and beaches
Spend your days relaxing by the pool or in your hotel garden, or, better still, go out and explore the markets, beaches and forests of The Gambia. See wildlife including monkeys, crocodiles and a magnificent variety of birds, visit a traditional fishing village or try your hand at cooking West African style. You’ll find a full list of organised excursions here or hire a driver and guide if you prefer to explore independently.
Both residents at Coco Ocean and guests from our other hotels may book a treatment at the luxurious Coco Ocean Spa with its Moroccan Hammam, steam room, sauna and thalassotherapy pool for the ultimate pampering experience. Our guests receive a 15% discount on all full-priced individual treatments, so don’t miss out!
This itinerary costs from £991 per person (based on 2 sharing) and includes shared transfers and return international flights from Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham Airports.
- Prices start from £991 per person
- 7 nights accommodation on B&B basis
- Return flights from Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham with 20kg luggage allowance (and in-flight meals when flying from Gatwick only)
- Shared transfers
- All trips are ATOL protected or ABTA bonded to ensure you are fully covered