Leave the stress of daily life behind and let the power of nature rebalance and restore your mind, body and soul. Nestled in a beautiful park which surrounds the hotel, The five star Vidago Palace Hotel, will transport you to another world, where time slows down and you can concentrate on you. Originally built as a resort for Portugal’s King Carlos 1 in the early 1900s, the palace stands out for the experience it provides, combing contact with nature and an atmosphere filled with glamour and elegance.
Located in the north of Portugal, about an hours drive from the city of Porto, it is famous for its Thermal Springs. These curative waters are used through treatments and drinking cures as recommended upon consultation at the start of your stay. This along with different spa treatments and rejuvenating activities will melt your stress away. By the end of the week your energy will be replenished and your spirit renewed.
The Vidago Royal Rebalance retreat includes.
- 7 nights in an elegant classic room where every detail and comfort has been thought of. Why not upgrade your experience to a privilege room or suite?
- Spa Cuisine menu which is applied to all your meals during your stay. Enjoy healthy and tasty Portuguese created especially for you.
Assessment and Consultation
To tailor the break to your individual needs, the following are included
- Medical consultation: To prescribe the correct thermal treatments
- Nutritional consultation: Which will evaluate your nutritional needs and develop a personalized eating plan for you.
- Biometric assessment: This will give you an understanding of your current health
- 1 Oxygen Relaxing Wrap 50min. Relax and oxygenate your body. This revitalizing experience provides maximum elasticity and hydration, providing fresh and glowing skin.
- 1 Facial Oxygen Relaxing Treatment 50min. Pure oxygen to the skin. Promotes regeneration, repair and protection using high quality of Natura Bissé products.
- 1 De-Stress Mind Treatment 80min. An aromatherapy massage blend of chamomile, petitgrain and rosemary helps to calm and cleanse your thoughts, whilst an Ayurvédic scalp and facial massage works to relieve physical and emotional exhaustion.
- 1 Shiatsu Treatment 50min The Shiatsu technique uses fingers, palms and forearms to apply pressure in certain areas of our body, providing relief for painful muscle tension caused by stress.
- 7 Thermal treatments. The traditional Vidago Spa Water therapies are renowned for their healing and medical benefits.They include different bath and hydro massage therapies and you will be prescribed up to two treatments a day.
- 2 Acupuncture Sessions 50min. By applying needles at certain points of the body acupuncture can treat a range of conditions, including high blood pressure, skin problems and anxiety which can all be caused by stress.
- 2 Ginger Compresses 30min. Using relaxing eastern therapy techniques, the body receives an energetic stimulus that raises immunity, unlocks the natural energy, eliminates toxins, promotes circulation and relieves fatigue.
- 2 Tai Chi sessions – A martial art that has involved into a relaxed practice consisting of a series of slow, gentle movements combined with breath control;
- Access to Spa Circuit Vidago (Vitality Pool, Indoor Swimming Pool, Sauna, Hammam, two experience showers, ice fountain and fully equipped gym by Matrix);
- Daily intake of Vidago water – The magnesium present in the water is important for the functioning of the nervous system, helping fight stress;
- Activities in Vidago Palace including hiking, biking, golf, and tennis
This retreat costs from £2,300 per person and is based on two people sharing during the low season. Flights and transfers are not included. Vidago Palace Hotel is located about an hours drive from Porto Airport. Please ask us for advice. Alternatively we can book the flights for you but a booking fee may apply.
- Prices start from £2,300 per person sharing a double classic room during low season.
- Singles start from £2680 during low season
- 7 nights accommodation, spa cuisine menu, all treatments and activities as above
- All trips are ATOL protected or ABTA bonded to ensure you are fully covered