OCÉANO Hotel Health Spa, Tenerife harnesses the healing power of the sea and combines it with the rejuvenating FX Mayer concept.
The F.X. Mayer detox therapy, which is named after the Austrian doctor and researcher Dr Franz Xayer Mayer, is a cure consisting of fasting and then the following of an individually created diet. Based on the importance of the gut as the foundation for good health, the detox follows the principles of F.X. Mayer medicine.
1. Protecting – the digestive system with fasting and an individually prescribed diet
2. Cleansing – the digestive system with saline irrigation in the form of Epsom salts.
3. Training – learning how to eat consciously (slowly, mindfully, in peaceful surroundings) with regular manual abdominal treatments.
These principles naturally stimulate your body to regenerate and heal itself. Further benefits are gained with regular massage treatments, individually prescribed thalassotherapy treatments and use of the water and heat facilities. This combined with the relaxed atmosphere and year-round spring-like climate will leave you restored, refreshed and renewed.
The F.X Mayer detox is perfect for anyone looking to begin a healthier lifestyle, prevent health complaints or kick-start weight loss. The detox can be done in shorter periods of time but it is recommended to get the full benefits and change your unhealthy habits you stay for 14 – 21 nights.
Your detox programme includes the following;
The OCÉANO offers 90 rooms and suites. All rooms have a balcony or French balcony, direct (or lateral) Mount Teide- and sea-view, bath with shower or bath tub, TV and Wi-Fi, fridge and kettle.Accommodation
At the beginning of your stay, you will receive a full medical examination to identify areas of concern and to create a personalised fasting and detoxing menu plan.
Throughout your stay 4x medical abdominal examinations are included to assess your progress and help to stimulate the release of toxins.
2 x Colonic irrigation therapy can be taken or if prefered or recommended 2 more medical abdominal examinations instead.
At the end of your stay, a final medical examination will be completed.
State of the art facilities include
- Spacious sauna facilities direct access. Finnish Sauna, 90°:
- Bio Sauna 50-60°:
- Steam bath:
- Infrared heat Cabin, 35-40°:
- Fitness area, overlooking the Atlantic
- Garden Pool 20m with sea water
- Thalasso pool (Indoor), ca. 31-35°
- Public seawater pool directly in front of the hotel
- Nude Deck on the 11th floor. Here you are protected from wind and foreign eyes enjoying the sun.
This programme costs from £3125 for 14 nights in a single room during mid-season. Double occupancy costs from £2610 per person.
The nearest airports include Tenerife North, located 30 minutes away and Tenerife South located 90 minutes away.
- 14 Nights accommodation
- Initial and final medical examination
- 4x Medical abdominal examination
- 2x Medical abdominal examination or colonic irrigation therapy
- 4x Massage treatment (45 mins.)
- 4x Thalasso pack or bath
- Diet (level 1-4 according to medical agreement)
- Water, tea, epsom salt, base powder daily