Sri Lanka and the Maldives are an intoxicating pairing for a honeymoon or any romantic break – Sri Lanka offers culture, activity and plenty of variety to explore, while the Maldives is the ultimate in luxury and relaxation.
We’ve designed this tour with romance and indulgence in mind. This well-paced tour allows for just the right balance of rest and activity, and you will stay in three of the best hotels in Sri Lanka. We’ve then chosen a beautiful and adult oriented resort in the Maldives.
This is just a suggestion though – we can tailor this sample itinerary to create your perfect honeymoon. We can add days, change hotels, upgrade rooms and more. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your trip.
Day 1 - 3 - The Kandy House - 5 Steps to Heaven
Welcome to Sri Lanka!
Start your holiday with 3 nights in Kandy which is the gateway for your to explore Sri Lanka’s hill country and its religious heartland.
The Kandy House is a stunning boutique hotel just 10 minutes from the city centre. They don’t allow any children and offer a wonderful 5 Steps to Heaven romance package. It includes:
- A bottle of bubbly
- A tray of sumptuous prawn & vegetable tempura with homemade dips – at the poolside, on the lawn, in a swing hammock… you decide.
- Welcome cocktails of your choosing
- Aromatherapy bath with floating fragrant frangipani petals.
- Candlelit dinner for two
Day 4 - 6 - West Coast Sunsets
On Day 4, you’ll be driven to the beautiful west coast.
Here you will spend 3 nights in an executive suite at Villa Bentota, where two specially designed excursions are included in your stay.
- Beruwela Lighthouse – Enjoy a cruise down the coast to the 17th century lighthouse. Climb to the top and glass or 2 as the sun comes down and the fishing boats return to the harbour after their day at sea.
- Traditional Catamaran Tour – Drive 10 minutes inland to the Lunuganga Lake where you will find your boatman. Enjoy a late afternoon trip around the lake with its bird life, mangroves and water lilies, before returning to the banks of the river where you can have a sunset drink in a private ambalama.
Day 7 - 9 - South Coast Spa
Your last stop in Sri Lanka is on the south coast at the outstanding Amanwella hotel. This is a real splurge and the perfect spot for a honeymoon. Each bungalow has a huge bathtub and plunge pool. The private beach is perfect for romantic candle lit dinners and the hotel spa treatments are renowned.Accommodation
Day 11 - 13 - Explore your island home
Nowhere does luxury and romance quite like the Maldives.
We’ve chosen Baros for this sample itinerary, as it’s conveniently located in the North Malé Atoll making for a quick transfer from the airport by speedboat, and is a medium sized, well appointed island with consistently excellent reviews.
Spend your days however you choose – snorkelling is a must, as the underwater world of the Maldives is as important as the above sea-level world! You can also head out on boat trips, do some watersports, unwind in the spa or simply enjoy your gorgeous villa and the perfect beach just outside.
Let us pre book an extra special dining experience for you one night – you can dine anywhere on this island, including a private piano deck or a secluded sandbank!Accommodation
- Accommodation as mentioned on a B&B basis unless specified
- Upgrades and alternative hotels and resorts are available.
- Car transfers in Sri Lanka/speedboat in Maldives
- Local taxes
- All excursions and activities specifically mentioned in the itinerary
- Tourist visas