Jordan is an absolute paradise for those who love walking, and our Hiking Tour is specially designed to ensure you experience the best sights and scenery that the country has to offer. You’ll get to see all the popular locations, such as Petra and Amman, and then step off the beaten track into the majestic desert landscapes of the Wadi Rum. You’ll spend your days hiking through the spectacular red sands, experiencing everything the desert has to offer, and the evenings by a campfire as you eat and socialise with local Bedouin people. It’s a hiking experience that we guarantee will stay with you long after your trip, and one you’ll be telling stories about for many years to come.
Day 1 - Amman
Arrive at Amman Queen Alia International airport, where our airport representative will be waiting for with a name sign to help you to arrange your free visa. Your driver will be waiting for you in the arrival hall, also holding a name sign, and he will transfer you to the 3* Larsa Hotel in Amman for an overnight stay, including breakfast.Hotel Info
Day 2 - Amman- Petra
You’ll have a full day to explore Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world. Enter through the Siq and visit the Treasury, Street of Facades, Theater, Colonnaded Street and all the sights. After lunch inside Petra you will still have time to visit the Monastery and/or the High Place of Sacrifice today. It involves a lot of climbing but it’s definitely worth it for the views! Stay overnight at the 3* La Masion Hotel, including breakfast.
Optional extra activities for today:
- Petra by Night (each Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening)
- Petra Kitchen cooking course
- Local Turkish Bath
- 1.5/2.5 hrs horse ride around the mountains of Petra.
Day 3 - Petra - Wadi Rum
After breakfast you’ll drive to Wadi Rum, famous for its red sand and rock formations. You will enjoy a full day of hiking in the Wadi Rum protected area through the beautifully different colours of sand. Today you will hike from Rum Village (visitor centre) to Um Ashreen and throughout the area. Your private campsite will also be close to here, where you’ll spend the night. All meals such as breakfast, lunch and dinner are included and with every meal a nice Bedouin cup of tea. Water, soft drinks and alcohol etc are available for an extra charge. Camping equipment, jeep and chef (who will prepare a fresh meal for you every day) are also included for the hiking days.
Total of 14 kms hiking – around 6 hours.
Camp overnight in Wadi Rum at Um Ashreen, including camping equipment, dinner, breakfast, jeep, chef etc.
Note: Remember to bring your own sleeping bag – it’s not included
Day 4 - Wadi Rum
Another full day of hiking in Wadi Rum. Today you will visit the Sand Dunes, Lawrence’s House and the Burdah Bridge. All meals are included again for today. Private camping at Burdah Bridge.
Total of 19 km – around 7 hours.
Camp overnight in Wadi Rum at the Burdah Bridge, including camping equipment, dinner, breakfast, jeep, chef etc.
Day 5 - Wadi Rum
Rise and shine! Today you will hike via Wadi Meharak to Barragh Canyon. Enjoy the silence of the desert and the beautiful scenery. Private camping at Barragh Canyon
Total of 13 – 15 km – around 5.5 hours
Camp overnight in Wadi Rum at Barragh Canyon, including camping equipment, dinner, breakfast, jeep, chef etc.
Day 6 - Wadi Rum
Hike via Siq Abu Awad to Disi Area where you will stop for lunch
This will be a total of about 10 km – around 4 hours
After lunch there you’ll have the option to continue hiking to your campsite for another 2 hours or to go by camel. You’ll camp overnight at Wadi Isaifaan. This will be your last night of camping so make sure to enjoy a nice cup of Bedouin tea by the campfire and savour the beautiful night sky lit by millions of stars.
Camp overnight in Wadi Rum at Wadi Isaifaan, including camping equipment, dinner, breakfast, jeep, chef etc.
Day 7 - Wadi Rum - Dead Sea
After breakfast drive to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on the earth’s surface, for a free afternoon and overnight stay. Float in the salty waters, try out the famous healing mud and maybe even try a pampering spa treatment!
On your way to the Dead Sea there is the option to hike the Siq Trail at Wadi Mujib, which is a fun water hike for around 2-3 hours (self-guided).
Spend the night at the 4* Ramada Dead Sea ResortHotel Info
Day 8 - Dead Sea - Amman Airport
You’ll be transferred to the Amman Queen Alia International Airport for departure. You’ll need to leave 3 hours in advance of your departure time (2 hours for check-in and around 1 hour driving time from the Dead Sea to the airport).
This is the end of your tour of Jordan: Ahlan wa Sahlan!
Prices for the above program, based on sharing double / twin / triple room:
- Meet and assist at the airport, including visa
- Day 1-8: All transfers as mentioned in the proposed program with an English-speaking driver by A/C Minivan
- Day 1: 1 Overnight at the 3* Larsa Hotel in Amman, including breakfast.
- Day 2: 1-day Petra visit, entry tickets included.
- Day 2: 2- 3 hrs Local English speaking guide in Petra
- Day 2: 1 Overnight at the 3* La Maiosn Hotel in Petra, including breakfast.
- Day 3 – 6: Experienced English-speaking local hiking guide for the hiking tour in the program.
- Day 3: Transfer to Wadi Rum.
- Day 3 -6: 4 days hiking tour in the protected area of Wadi Rum, with guide, chef, luggage jeep, self-made camp, including lunch and dinner. Tents, mattresses, all other necessary camping equipment (except sleeping bag), breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Day 7: Transfer from Wadi Rum to the Dead Sea
- Day 7: 1 Overnight at the 4* Ramada Hotel in Dead Sea, including breakfast
- Day 8: Departure from the Dead Sea to QAI airport
- Liability insurance
- All other transfers not mentioned in the program
- All other meals not mentioned in the program
- Tips for guides / drivers, restaurants etc.
- Travel insurance