The Kingdom of Jordan. Being one of the most seductive places in the Middle East, Jordan is thought to be one of the wonders of the world. Spend eight wonderful days discovering its hidden secrets, traversing gorgeous picturesque desert environments, immersing yourself in a culture which is steeped in both the ancient as well as the modern. Discover the breathtaking views of the Dead Sea, spectacular mountains and wadis, the Nabataean stone city of Petra, pristine desert sands and above all enjoy the hospitality and local cuisine.
Day 1 - Aqaba Airport - Aqaba
Arrival at Aqaba airport, our representative will be awaiting you to help you with the visa procedures, and then walk with you through the customs. Your driver will be waiting at the arrival hall, holding a name sign and he will transfer you to the 4* City Tower Hotel in Aqaba for overnight stay.Hotel Info
Day 2 - Aqaba – Wadi Mujib Chalets
Check out of your hotel and drive via the Wadi Araba desert to the Dead Sea, lowest point on the earth’s surface. Enjoy day at the Mujib Chalets, the accommodation is quite simple but the location is pretty special. Float in the salty waters and try out the famous healing mud.
Overnight at the Wadi Mujib Chalets, dinner included.
Day 3 - Wadi Mujib
After breakfast drive to Wadi Mujib visitor centre (you can also walk as it is only 10mins away from your accommodation). Today you will experience the Siq Trail hike (self- guided). This is an easy hike into the main gorge of the Mujib River (the Siq). It starts at the visitor centre near the Mujib Bridge, from where you take the cantilevered walkway over the dam and follow the course of the river between towering sandstone cliffs to the base of a large waterfall. Depending on seasonal rainfall levels, the gorge may contain pools deep enough for swimming. It’s an ideal walk to take slowly and enjoy the cool water and shade, especially in the heat of the summer. Despite being relatively easy, it does have hidden risks. The river bed changes after each winter flood and this can create deep pools and strong currents. Always take care along the walk, avoid pools and rapids and respect any rope barriers.
After the hike in Wadi Mujib you will visit The Dead Sea Panoramic Complex/Dead Sea Museum is a new complex of regional museum about the Dead Sea, panorama lookout, restaurant and conference hall on a steep cliff high above the Dead Sea near Hammamet Ma’in, with beautiful views over the Dead Sea, The museum has some fascinating information about the geology, ecology (animal and plant), archaeology, history and industry of the Dead Sea and surrounding area. It has also information about the environmental problem concerning the Dead Sea, such as decreasing of the Dead Sea water level and sinkhole in the Dead Sea coast. As the name suggests it has a magnificent view of the Dead Sea and the hills beyond it. Watching the sunset from here is a wonderful experience. Here you will also enjoy delicious lunch. After lunch return to Wadi Mujib Chalets for an overnight including dinner
Day 4 - Wadi Mujib – Karak – Dana Nature Reserve
After breakfast drive to Karak to visit the capital of the biblical kingdom of Moab. Perched atop a steep hill Kerak is a predominantly Christian town dominated by the largest and best preserved of the Crusader castles in the region. Continue to Dana Nature Reserve. Dana Biosphere Reserve, is an area of staggering beauty, history, and biodiversity. Dana is a melting pot of species from three continents: Europe, Africa and Asia. Such a combination of natural communities in a single area is unique in Jordan. So far, a total of 894 plant species and 449 animal species have been recorded in the Reserve, of which 25 are known to be endangered. Make sure to stop at a supermarket to buy some extra snacks and drinks for your stay in Dana and Wadi Feynan. Upon arrival you start to hike the self- guided Village Tour in Dana Nature Reserve. This is a round trip that takes around 2 hours. Visit some spectacular viewpoints above Dana Village, while exploring the terraced gardens and local community craft workshops. Visitors can meet the local residents, see original Ottoman architecture, and learn more about Dana’s rich history. Dinner and overnight at the Dana Guesthouse, beautifully styled building merges elements of village vernacular architecture with more modern elements, creating a structure with a definable Arabic character, unlike any other in Jordan, offering breathtaking views of the reserve.Hotel Info
Day 5 - Dana Nature Reserve - Petra
After breakfast you will be transferred to Petra.
You will enjoy a full day in Petra, one of the seven world wonders. Entry by Siq and visit the Treasury, Street of Facades, Theater, Colonnaded Street etc. after lunch inside Petra you will still have time to visit the Monastery and/or the High Place of Sacrifice today. It is a lot of climbing but definitely worth the views! Overnight 5* Hayat Zaman Rosort.
Day 6 - Petra
Second day to explore Petra, today you may want to hike from Little Petra to the main entrance, its a long walk but you escape the crowds and the views are stunning. Overnight 5* Hayat Zaman Rosort.
Optional activities for today:
- Petra by Night (each Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening),
- Petra Kitchen cooking course, Local Turkish Bath, 1.5/2.5 hrs horse ride around the mountains of Petra
Day 7 - Petra – Wadi Rum – Aqaba
After breakfast drive to Wadi Rum Visitors Centre. Before starting with the jeep tour you can enjoy an hour camel ride from Wadi Rum Village to Lawrence’s Spring. A jeep tour is the best way to discover lots of sites in Wadi Rum. The jeep will stop at each site giving you time to walk/scramble around and maybe even climb up on some of the beautiful natural formed bridges in Wadi Rum. Enjoy a freshly prepared barbeque lunch and embrace the stunning setting. After the tour drive to Aqaba . Relax at the beach, discover the town of Aqaba or book a snorkeling cruise including lunch! Overnight at 5* Movenpick Hotel in Aqaba.
- Meet and assist at the airport, included visa
- Day 1 – 8: All transfers with A/C car ( 2-3 people )/van ( 4- 6) people with English speaking driver
- Day 1: 1 Night at the 4* City Tower Hotel in Aqaba, including bed and breakfast.
- Day 2 & 3: 2 nights at the Mujib Chalets, including dinner and breakfast.
- Day 3: Self Guided- Siq Trail in Wadi Mujib.
- Day 4: Visits to the Karak; entry fee tickets included.
- Day 4: Self-guided 2 hrs village tours in Dana Nature reserve.
- Day 5 & 6: Visit to Petra including two days entry fee tickets.
- Day 5: 2-3 hrs Local English speaking guide in Petra
- Day 5 & 6: 2 Nights at the 5*Hayat Zaman Hotel in Petra, including bed and breakfast.
- Day 7: Entry fee tickets for Wadi Rum are included.
- Day 7: Half day (3-4 hrs) jeep tour inside Wadi Rum including a freshly prepared lunch.
- Day 7: 1 Night at the 5* Movenpick City Centre Hotel in Aqaba, including breakfast.
- Day 8: Departure to Aqaba International Airport.
- Liability Insurance
- All other transfers.
- All other meals not mentioned in the program
- Tips for guides / drivers, restaurants etc.
- Travel insurance.
- Upgrade to Movenpick Resort Petra instead of Hayat Zaman Hotel – £55 per person per night extra
- Upgrade to Bubble Camp in Petra instead of Hayat Zaman Hotel -£60 per person per night extra
- Upgrade to Movenpick Tala Bay instead of Movenpick City Centre £35 per person per night extra
- Cooking course in Petra £50 per person
- Petra By Night £25 USD per person
- Visit to the local Hammam in Wadi Musa (Petra) Non – Private £25 per person
- 1.5 hrs/ 2,5 hrs horse ride around the mountains of Petra £50/ £75 per person
- Balloon flight in Wadi Rum at 06.00 AM clos to Bait Ali Camp £175 per person
- 1 hr Camel ride in Wadi Rum £25 per person