As well as being home to one of the seven modern wonders of the world, ancient Petra, Jordan is also famous for its very own version of the grand canyon. Choose our Canyon Tour and begin your experience of this stunning natural marvel as you step onto the Siq trail and your adventure begins.
As well as planned trips to visit the most famous sights, experienced guides will lead you through canyon gorges, over mountain paths and valley steams, sand dunes and the spectacular desert landscapes that make up the very heart of this amazing land. We’ll arrange all of your drop offs and pick ups, transport your luggage, sort out your meals and your hotels, and leave you free to wander and wonder at the beauty of this majestic canyon.
Day 1 - Amman
Arrive at Amman Queen Alia International airport, where our airport representative will be waiting for you with a name sign. He will help you to arrange your visa and walk you through customs. Your driver will be waiting for you in the arrival hall, also holding a name sign. He will transfer you to the 3*Larsa Hotel in Amman for an overnight stayHotel Info
Day 2 - Amman – Jerash – Ajloun- Madaba
Your English-speaking driver will be waiting for you in the lobby of your hotel. Start your first morning in Jordan with a city tour. You’ll visit the Citadel in Amman, with beautiful views over the city, then the Roman Theatre, located in the heart of Amman. Drive on to Jerash, to visit the world’s best-preserved Roman provincial city. After your visit of Jerash, you’ll visit the castle of Ajloun then continue to the Delilah Hotel in Madaba for an overnight stayHotel Info
Day 3 - Madaba – Mount Nebo – Wadi Mujib– Ibn Hammad
After breakfast, you will visit the St. George Church in Madaba with its famous mosaic map. After that, you’ll visit the Dead Sea, which is the lowest point on the earth’s surface, followed by a 2 – 3 hrs self- guided Siq- Trail in Wadi Mujib. Lunch Boxes are arranged beforehand, so after the hike you can enjoy your lunch hassle free. Then it’s time to walk back to meet your driver. You’ll be transferred to Wadi Ibn Hammad for overnight camping in tents, which includes dinner.
Day 4 - Full day at Wadi Ibn Hammad – Karak
Today will be a 13 KM distant hike. You’ll spend the full day with a guide in the Wadi Ibn Hammad area as you walk through the canyon. Lunch boxes are included. After lunch, you’ll be transferred to Karak to visit the Castle there. After the visit, you’ll continue your day in the camping area in Taybet at Karak. Camping and overnight at Taybet area, including dinner
Day 5 - Wadi Khodeera Karak –Karak
Today will be the third day of hiking and it starts at the Wadi Khodeera area in Karak. An experienced guide from the Taybet area will take you from the mountains up and down the canyon to Sara’h Al Shaheed and towards the Dead Sea area. It’s a 16 KM distant hike, from 08.00 AM – 15.00 PM
During the hike you can stop for lunch at a nice location and after lunch continue the tour. After that you’ll walk to the car location to be transferred back to Karak.
Tonight you will stay at 3* Mujib Hotel I Karak
Day 6 - Karak – Afra Hot spring in Tafilah – Dana
After breakfast, check out from the hotel and meet your guide to start your tour to Tafialh. Its an 8 KM distant hike for 7 hrs. It starts from Burbaitah hot water and ends at Afrah hot water. It’s quite a hectic, but enjoyable hike. Lunch will be served at the barrier point at the Malaqi area between Burbaitah and Afrah.
A car will be waiting for you at the visitor centre at Afrah to transfer you to the Dana Nature reserve for an overnight stay at Rummana Campsite, including dinner and breakfast.
Day 7 - Dana Nature reserve- Wadi Ghawir – Little Petra
After breakfast, check out with your luggage for a 45-minute transfer from the entrance of Wadi Gwair to Mansurah village in Shubak with your guide. Today the distance you will hike will be 11 KMs, and it takes about 7-8 hrs for the descent that finishes close to Feynan in Wadi Araba.
A stream runs down the Wadi and you may well find your feet in water. In spring, the pools might be deeper and it may be possible for you to swim for a few meters.
Enjoy lunch in the shade with a lunch box provided from the hotel, included in the price.
The Wadi is beautiful and at the top there are magnificent formation and colors in the sandstone while lower down you’ll find spectacular hanging gardens of ferns and palms.
Your tour ends at Feynan where the jeep will be waiting to take you to Little Petra for an overnight stay at Seven Wonders Campsite
Day 8 - Petra
You’ll have a full day to explore Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world. Enter through the Siq and visit the Treasury, Street of Facades, Theater, Colonnaded Street, and all the main sights. You will have lunch as you booked at the local Nabataen Tent Restaurant in the site of Petra. After lunch you will still have time to visit the Monastery and/or the High Place of Sacrifice. There’ll be a lot of climbing but it’s definitely worth it for the views!
You’ll then be transferred back to your camp in Little Petra
Stay overnight at Seven Wonders Campsite
Day 9 - Petra - Wadi Rum
After breakfast drive to Wadi Rum, famous for its red sand and rock formations. You will enjoy a full day hiking in the Wadi Rum Disi area through the beautifully different colours of sand. You’ll then arrive at your private campsite for your last night of private camping. Enjoy your last evening sitting around the campfire drinking traditional Bedouin tea. Soft drinks, water and alcohol are available for a surcharge.
Camp overnight in Wadi Rum, including camping equipment, dinner, breakfast, lunch, jeep, chef etc. Remember to bring your own sleeping bag though – it’s not included!
Day 10 - Wadi Rum
After breakfast, you’ll start your full day of Camel Safari. You can visit several nice locations with your Bedouin guide, all on camelback. Lunch is included.
In the afternoon you’ll be transferred to Aqaba for an evening of rest and relaxation by the beach.
Spend the night in the 4*Grand Swiss Hotel
- Airport representative upon arrival at the airport in Amman to assist with the visa, including visa cost.
- Day 1 – 12: All transfers with an a/c private vehicle and English-speaking driver
- Day 1: 1 Night at 3* Larsa Hotel in Amman, including breakfast.
- Day 2: Local English-speaking guide for the tour in Jerash
- Day 2: Visits to the Citadel & Roman Theatre in Amman, Ajlun Castle and a visit to Jerash, entry fee tickets included.
- Day 2: 1 Night at Delilah Hotel in Madaba, including bed and breakfast.
- Day 3: Visits to the St. George Church in Madaba, Mt. Nebo; entry fee tickets included.
- Day 3: 2-3 hrs Self- guide Siq- Trail in Wadi Mujib
- Day 3: Private campsite at Ibn Hammad, including guide, tents, blanket, mattresses, food and beverage.
- Day 4: Full day hiking at Wadi Ibn Hammad, all included , guide , jeep , lunch and camping overnight
- Day 5: Full day hiking in Wadi Khodeera and Taybet at Karak , including guide and lunch
- Day 5: 1 Night at Kerak hotel in Karak, including dinner and breakfast
- Day 6: Full day hiking at Afrah and Burbaitah Hot Water in Tafilah, including guide and lunch.
- Day 6: 1 Night Rummana Campsite, including dinner and breakfast
- Day 7: Full day hiking at Wadi GHawir , including guide and lunch
- Day 7 & 8: 2 Nights at Seven Wonders Campsite at Little Petra, including dinner and breakfast
- Day 8: Visit to Petra including one day entry fee tickets.
- Day 8: 2-3 hrs local English speaking guide in Petra
- Day 9: Entry fee tickets for Wadi Rum are included.
- Day 9: Full day hiking at Wadi Rum, including guide, lunch, dinner, tent and camping equipment for overnight.
- Day 9: 1 Night inside the desert of Wadi Rum, including dinner and breakfast
- Day 10: Full day ( 4- 5 hrs) Camel Safari inside Wadi Rum , including Bedouin guide, camels and Lunch
- Day 10 & 11: 1 Overnight at the 4* Grand Swiss Hotel in Aqaba, including breakfast.
- Day 12: Departure to Amman Queen Alia International Airport.
- Liability insurance
- All other transfers.
- All other meals not mentioned in the program
- All other meals not mentioned in the program
- Tips for guides / drivers, restaurants etc.
- Travel insurance