With so many things to do and see in Jordan, choose our Highlights of Jordan Tour to ensure you don’t go back home wishing that you’d had more time. The trip includes the best of Jordan: Jerash, Petra, Wadi Rum, Aqaba and the Dead Sea, but gives you 11 days and 10 nights in which to enjoy them. You can relax and soak up the culture of the country at a much more leisurely pace, and even add an extra activity to your planned trip if you feel like it, such as horse-riding, balloon flights or a visit to the Turkish Hammam. The choice is yours, and we’ll be here to help you every step of the way.
Day 1 - Madaba
Arrival at Amman Queen Alia International airport, our representative will be waiting for you to help you with the visa procedures, then walk you through the customs. The driver will be at the arrival hall, holding a name sign and he will transfer you to the 3* Mosaic Hotel in Madaba for overnight stay.
Day 2 - Madaba - Amman – Jerash – Madaba
Start your first morning in Jordan with a city tour. Visit the Citadel in Amman, with beautiful views over the city. Continue to the Roman Theatre, located in the heart of Amman and then drive on to Jerash, to visit the world’s best preserved Roman provincial city. After your visit of Jerash transfer back to Madaba.
Day 3 - Madaba – Mt. Nebo – Dead Sea
Today there is a long day ahead of you as you will be travelling to the Dead Sea. At 9.00 AM, after breakfast your tour today starts with visiting the St. George Church in Madaba with its famous mosaic map. Drive to Mt. Nebo, from where Moses viewed the Promised Land. Then continue to the Dead Sea, lowest point on the earth’s surface. Enjoy day at the 5* Movenpick Hotel. Float in the salty waters and try out the famous healing mud. Overnight at the 5* Movenpick Resort at Dead Sea.Hotel Info
Day 6 - Dead Sea – Karak – Petra
Today you you will be travelling to the South to Petra. Follow the King’s Highway until Karak. In Karak visit the immense Crusaders Castle. Time permitting you will also visit Little Petra today otherwise transfer directly to Petra for an overnight at the 5* Hayat Zaman Resort.
You will have half day to explore Petra, one of the seven world wonders. We suggest to pay a visit to the visit centre and take a stroll to treasury. You will have the entire next day to explore Petra without rushing.
Optional activities for today:
- Petra by Night (each Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening)
- Petra Kitchen cooking course
- Local Turkish Bath
Day 7 - Petra
Full day to explore Petra. Entry by Siq and visit the Treasury, Street of Facades, Theater, Colonnaded Street etc. after lunch inside Petra you will still have time to visit the Monastery and/or the High Place of Sacrifice today. It is a lot of climbing but definitely worth the views! An alternative route goes from Little Petra finishing in the main entry, amazing trek away from the crowds. The walk is long and not suitable for small children and those who have walking problems.
Overnight 5* Hayat Zaman Resort.
Day 8 - Petra - Wadi Rum
After breakfast drive to Wadi Rum Visitors Centre. Before starting with the jeep tour you may decide to enjoy an hour camel ride from Wadi Rum Village to Lawrence’s Spring. Continue with a half day ( 3- 4 hrs) jeep tour including a freshly prepared barbeque lunch in a remote area – this would definitely be a highlight of your trip. A jeep tour is the best way to discover lots of sites in Wadi Rum. The jeep will stop at each site giving you time to walk/scramble around and maybe even climb up on some of the beautiful natural formed bridges in Wadi Rum. Dinner and overnight at Khaled campsite in Wadi Rum.Hotel Info
Day 9&10 - Wadi Rum - Aqaba
After breakfast you will drive to Aqaba. Relax at the beach, discover the town of Aqaba or book a snorkelling cruise including lunch! Overnight at 5* Movenpick Hotel in Aqaba.Hotel Info
- Meet and assist at the airport, included visa
- Day 1 – 11: All transfers with A/C car ( 2-3 people )/van ( 4- 6) people with English speaking
- driver, as mentioned at the program
- Day 1 & 2: 2 Night at the 3* Mosaic Hotel in Madaba, including bed and breakfast.
- Day 2: Visits to the Citadel & Roman Theatre in Amman and a visit to Jerash, entry fee tickets included.
- Day 2: Local English speaking guide in Jerash
- Day 3: Visits to the St. George Church in Madaba, Mt. Nebo; entry fee tickets included.
- Day 3 – 6: 3 Overnights at the 5* Movenpick Hotel Dead Sea, including bed and breakfast.
- Day 6: Visits to the Karak Crusaders Castle; entry fee tickets included.
- Day 6: Time permitting a visit to Little Petra (entry is free).
- Day 6 & 7: Visit to Petra including two day entry fee tickets.
- Day 6: 2-3 hrs Local English speaking guide in Petra
- Day 6 & 7: 2 Nights at the 5*Hayat Zaman Hotel in Petra, including bed and breakfast.
- Day 8: Entry fee tickets for Wadi Rum are included.
- Day 8: Half day (3-4 hrs) jeep tour inside Wadi Rum including a freshly prepared lunch.
- Day 8: 1 Night at Khaled campsite in Wadi Rum, including dinner and breakfast.
- Day 9 & 10: 2 Nights at the 5* Movenpick City Centre Hotel in Aqaba, including breakfast.
- Day 11: Departure to Aqaba International Airport.
- Liability Insurance
- All other transfers
- All other meals not mentioned in the program
- Tips for guides / drivers, restaurants etc.
- Travel insurance
- Wadi Mujib Nature reserve tour form Dead Sea, including transfer £75 per person
- Upgrade to Hilton Hotel Dead Sea instead of Movenpick Dead Sea £15 per person per night extra
- Upgrade to Bubble Camp in Petra instead of Hayat Zaman Hotel £60 per person per night extra
- Upgrade to Movenpick Resort Petra instead of Hayat Zaman Hotel £55 per person per night extra
- Upgrade to Movenpick Tala Bay instead of Movenpick City Centre £35 per person per night extra
- Upgrade to Aicha Memories camp instead of Khaled camp in Wadi Rum £65 per person per night extra
- Cooking course in Petra £50 per person
- Petra By Night £25 per person
- Visit to the local Hammam in Wadi Musa (Petra) Non – Private £25 per person
- 1.5 hrs/ 2,5 hrs horse ride around the mountains of Petra £50/ £75 per person
- Balloon flight in Wadi Rum at 06.00 AM close to Bait Ali Camp £185 per person
- 1 hr Camel ride in Wadi Rum £25 per person