Jordan is one of our favourite countries in the Middle East as it combines all the best parts of the region. There are incredible historic sites, stunning scenery, delicious food and super friendly people. The distances are relatively short so you can do a lot of exciting activities on your Jordan family holiday and still have time to relax at the Dead Sea. Come pretend to be Indiana Jones in Petra or follow the footsteps of Luke Skywalker in Wadi Rum, the possibilities are endless.
Day 1 - Arrival in Aqaba
Arrival at Aqaba airport, our representative will be awaiting you to help you with the visa procedures, and then walk with you through the customs. Your driver will be waiting at the arrival hall, holding a name sign and he will transfer you to the 4* City Tower Hotel in Aqaba for overnight stay.Hotel Info
Day 2 - Dead Sea
Check out of your hotel and drive via the Wadi Araba desert to the Dead Sea, lowest point on the earth’s surface. Children will enjoy floating in the salty waters and getting dirty in the healing mud. Careful – the water is extremely salty so avoid eye contact. The rest of the day children can play in a pool and parents could visit the amazing spa.
Overnight at the 5* Movenpick Resort at Dead Sea.
Day 3&4 - Dead Sea
Enjoy relaxing time at the resort or plan a day trip based on your interest. If you are into history we suggest a visit to the Roman City of Jerash and the Bethany where John the Baptist baptised Jesus. Another great day out is a visit to the Ma’In Hot Springs, a series of hot mineral springs and waterfalls. However from April to October wild canyoning adventure to Wadi Mujib is a must for adults. For families we would choose another safer alternative.
Overnight at the 5* Movenpick Dead Sea Resort, including bed and breakfast.
Day 5 - Dead Sea – Madaba – Mt. Nebo – Little Petra – Petra
Today there is a long day ahead of you as you will be travelling to the South to Petra. At 8.00 AM, after breakfast your tour today starts with visiting the St. George Church in Madaba with its famous mosaic map. Drive to Mt Nebo where Moses viewed the Promised Land. Time permitting you will also visit Little Petra today otherwise transfer directly to Petra for overnight at the 5* Hayat Zaman Resort.Hotel Info
Day 6 - Petra
Full day to explore Petra, one of the seven world wonders. Entry by Siq and visit the Treasury, Street of Facades, Theater, Colonnaded Street etc. after lunch inside Petra you will still have time to visit the Monastery and/or the High Place of Sacrifice today. It is a lot of climbing but definitely worth the views! Overnight 5* Hayat Zaman Resort.
- Optional activities for today:
- Petra by Night (each Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evening)
- Petra Kitchen cooking course
- Local Turkish Bath, 1.5/2.5 hrs horse ride around the mountains of Petra
Day 7 - Petra - Wadi Rum
After breakfast drive to Wadi Rum Visitors Centre. Before starting with the jeep tour you can enjoy an hour camel ride from Wadi Rum Village to Lawrence’s Spring. A jeep tour is the best way to discover lots of sites in Wadi Rum. The jeep will stop at each site giving you time to walk/scramble around and maybe even climb up on some of the beautiful natural formed bridges in Wadi Rum. Enjoy a freshly prepared barbeque lunch and embrace the stunning setting. Dinner and overnight at Khaled campsite in Wadi Rum.Hotel Info
Day 9 - Ahlan wa Sahlan!
Transfer to the airport for departure. You would need to leave the hotel 3 hours in advance (2 hours for the check in and less than 1 hour driving from Aqaba to Aqaba Airport).
- Meet and assist at the airport, included visa
- Day 1 – 9: All transfers with A/C car ( 2-3 people )/van ( 4- 6) people with English speaking driver, as mentioned at the program
- Day 1: 1 Night at the 4* City Tower Hotel in Aqaba, including bed and breakfast.
- Day 2 – 5: 3 Overnights at the 5* Movenpick Hotel Dead Sea, including bed and breakfast.
- Day 5: Visits to the St. George Church in Madaba, Mt. Nebo; entry fee tickets included.
- Day 5: Time permitting a visit to Little Petra (entry is free).
- Day 6: Visit to Petra including one day entry fee tickets.
- Day 6: 2-3 hrs Local English speaking guide in Petra
- Day 5 & 6: 2 Nights at the 5*Hayat Zaman Hotel in Petra, including bed and breakfast.
- Day 7: Entry fee tickets for Wadi Rum are included.
- Day 7: Half day (3-4 hrs) jeep tour inside Wadi Rum including a freshly prepared lunch.
- Day 7: 1 Night at Khaled campsite in Wadi Rum, including dinner and breakfast.
- Day 8: 1 Night at the 5* Movenpick City Centre Hotel in Aqaba, including breakfast.
- Day 9: Departure to Amman Queen Alia International Airport.
- All other transfers.
- All other meals not mentioned
- Tips for guides / drivers, restaurants etc.
- Travel insurance
- Amman city tour from Dead Sea , included transfer £80 per person
- Bethany Tour from Dead Sea, including transfer £85 per person
- MaI’n Hot spring tour from Amman, including transfer £85 per person
- Wadi Mujib Nature reserve tour form Dead Sea, including transfer £75 per person
- Upgrade to Hilton Hotel Dead Sea instead of Movenpick Dead Sea £15 per person per night extra
- Upgrade to Movenpick Resort Petra instead of Hayat Zaman Hotel £55 per person per night extra
- Upgrade to Movenpick Tala Bay instead of Movenpick City Centre £35 per person per night extra
- Upgrade to Aicha Memories camp instead of Khaled camp in Wadi Rum £65 per person per night extra
- Cooking course in Petra £50 per person
- Visit to the local Hammam in Wadi Musa (Petra) Non – Private £25 per person
- 1.5 hrs/ 2,5 hrs horse ride around the mountains of Petra £50/ £75 per person
- Balloon flight in Wadi Rum at 06.00 AM clos to Bait Ali Camp £185 per person
- 1 hr Camel ride in Wadi Rum £25 per person