This is a very special trip for lovers of fresh-air and the great outdoors. This private cycling tour combines nature, activity and gastronomy via a scenic route through the beautiful Langhe.
This is where the E-bike becomes your best friend! The assisted pedalling makes the undulating hillside trails wonderfully easy, so you can cover significant ground and focus on your stunning surroundings instead of catching your breath! At the end of each day you will settle into a cosy B&B, where you will have the chance to taste the typical local dishes and wine, which in Piedmont is a true art form.
Your tour will be lead by Marco, our private guide for e-biking tours. He’s a master motorbike traveller, he’s been everywhere in Europe over the last 16 years and when he’s not pedalling Piedmont, he loves heavy metal music, eating jam from the jar, exploring Italy and solving a Rubik’s cube in less than 50 seconds. With super brains, you’ll be pleased to know that he’s got a solution for everything (except for his stinky socks!).
We want you to experience the best of Italian hospitality on this tour, rather than anonymous 5* luxury. You will explore places with real character; authentic little B&Bs, where you will sleep soundly after a tiring day pedalling the Langhe. These are more like home-stays and mountain lodges, where you will enjoy home-cooked food, panoramic views and many stories to be shared over a glass of wine at the end of the day.
Difficulty level: Easy-Medium (can be tailored to your abilities)
Not physically challenging, as e-bikes help a lot with this! However please note that there will be some stretches of uneven terrain, both uphill and downhill, plus trails and unpaved roads, so you should not be afraid of doing a bit of downhill on gravel, or cross country cycling. The bikes are designed for these routes.
Day 1 - The great classics of the Langhe
This morning you will meet over a welcome breakfast to get to know your guide, before donning the provided cycling gear and heading out for your first day on two-wheels. The spectacle starts right away with the highlights of the Langhe waiting for you: Barolo, La Morra, the monumental Cedar of Lebanon of the Cordero di Montezemolo estate, Monforte d’Alba and Grinzane Cavour.
- Prices for 4 day tour costs £1,200 per person (can be tailored to more or less days)
- Accommodation at a cosy B&B (based on two sharing a double room)
- E-bike rental for the whole tour
- Luggage transfer, and assistance of our minibus to get to the starting points of the trails
- Meals: 4 breakfasts & 4 lunches (packed lunch – to be eaten directly out on the trails) and some surprises!
- Assistance for 4 days on the trails with Marco, that will cycle the whole tour with you, will tell you about history, nature, traditions and will help you in case you need it during the throughout the tour.
- Activities: 4 days of mountain bike trails (including the e-bike rental for the whole tour) & tastings of wine and local products
- Dinners are not included in the price, as we want to give you the opportunity to chose what you eat and drink in this gastronomic heartland. But Marco will be able to help with suggestions!
- All trips are ATOL protected or ABTA bonded to ensure you are fully covered